Required Commitment & Availability:
- Three (3) Call-Out Shifts per month (12 hrs/shift): includes days and/or evenings and weekend shifts
- Two (2) hrs/week in station office support at the MHPS; and,
- A Valid Driver’s License.
General Requirements for Volunteers
- Pass Criminal Record Check, Police Security Screening, and Reference Checks;
- Complete all required training, including:
- 50 hr Online Course;
- Required Team Training
- Mentoring with senior volunteers.
- Able to report for all scheduled shifts.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.;
- Willing to offer non-judgmental peer support.
- Practice empathic and active listening skills.
- Participate in ongoing training and team meetings.