Some previous filters have been removed that prevented the reporting of incidents online and some categories have been expanded. Online reporting must be used for reporting a crime if the loss or damage is under $5,000 and there are no suspects. Reports can be filed online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Once the information is submitted, a file number will be generated and final report returned to the email provided, usually within 24 hours. If you do not have internet access or have an email address, you can report the incident by calling (403) 529-8481.
The following report types should be submitted online:
- Theft from vehicle (car prowling)– Up to $5,000 value of property
- Theft of property– Up to $5,000 value of property
- NEW - Theft of credit or debit card (when that is the only item missing)
- Mischief to vehicle– such as vandalism
- Mischief to property– such as vandalism & graffiti
- Lost property– with the exception of government-issued ID such as passports. Please call (403) 529-8481 to report lost government issued documents.
- Attempted stolen vehicle– regardless of damage value
- NEW - Break & enter into unlocked premise other than residential (includes; sheds, parking garages, storage lockers, detached garages, etc.) Residential and commercial break and enters should be reported to (403)-529-8481.
- NEW - Theft of mail (including packages from postal services and other delivery services)
- NEW - Stolen property for sale online (including; Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.)
For all other property-related offences, call the MHPS non-emergency line 403-529-8481, where officers are available to answer questions and take some reports over the phone.To report a motor vehicle collision with no injuries call the Collision Reporting Centre at 403-581-1070.
Continue to use 9-1-1 for all emergencies and to report crimes in progress.For more information or to determine if your event meets the criteria for filing online, please visit the Frequently Asked Questions.